The core emergency medicine clerkship topics are chosen from the curriculum recommendation of Society for Academic Emergency Medicine and International Federation of Emergency Medicine.
Core Senior EM Clerkship Topics
These topics contain “approach to the chief complaint.” Click the topic title to go to the page or click to listen/download audio files of all core EM clerkship chapters through SoundCloud.
- Abdominal pain – Shaza Karrar
- Altered mental status – Murat Cetin, Begum Oktem, Mustafa Emin Canakci
- Cardiac arrest and arrhythmia management – Abdel Nourelsin and Falak Sayed
- Chest pain – Assad Suliman Shujaa
- GI bleeding – Moira Carrol, Gurpreet Mudan, and Suzanne Bentley
- Headache – Matevz Privsek and Gregor Prosen
- Multiple Trauma – Pia Jerot and Gregor Prosen
- Poisoning – Harajeshwar Kohli and Ziad Kazzi
- Respiratory distress – Ebru Unal Akoglu
- Shock – Maryam Al Badwavi
References and Further Reading
- Manthey DE, Ander DS, Gordon DC, Morrissey T, Sherman SC, Smith MD, Rimple D, Thibodeau LG, Clerkship Directors in Emergency Medicine (CDEM) Curriculum Revision Group. Emergency medicine clerkship curriculum: an update and revision. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2010;17(6):638-43.
- Hobgood C, Anantharaman V, Bandiera G, Cameron P, Halpern P, Holliman CJ, Jouriles N, Kilroy D, Mulligan T, Singer A, International Federation for Emergency Medicine. International Federation for Emergency Medicine model curriculum for medical student education in emergency medicine. International journal of emergency medicine. 2010;3(1):1-7.
- CDEM Curriculum Website
- IFEM Website
- SAEM Website