Skip to content
- Defining the need for a resource consists of various platforms for medical students to support their learning experience.
- Defining the need to use a platform in undergraduate education to promote emergency medicine
- Communications with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, International Federation of Emergency Medicine, Apple education representatives
- Deciding a format (iBook).
- Reviewing the curriculum guidelines and clerkship programs. Defining the content of the resource
- Invitation of authors
- Distribution of topics
- Starting to collect chapters from authors
- Searching for alternative formats to facilitate the learning experience
- Reporting the current stage of the project to IFEM education and curriculum development committee
- Starting to edit the chapters
- Completion of written chapters
- Searching and discussing for alternative formats and platform to facilitate the learning experience
- Editing the chapters
- Deciding alternative formats and platforms to facilitate the learning experience, accessibility, reusability, engagement. Preparation of the structure of the website, eBooks (IOS and Android), pdf, audiobook, blog, photo – video and social media platforms.
- Finalizing the needed technology and platforms
- Deciding a web hosting service
- Creating a website (iem-student.org), audiobook platforms
- Completion of editing of the written Emergency Medicine Clerkship Core Topics
- Informing authors, contributors, and supporters regarding final stage
- FINAL STAGE – Level 1
- Uploading these topics to the website (iem-student.com)
- Testing web and audio content for uploaded topics
- 1st week of June – Announcing the iEM project going live, activating website, audiobook chapters, social media platforms
- 5-9 June – Reporting the final stage of the project to IFEM education and curriculum development committee
- 11-17 June
- iem-student.org and the project is officially announced via social media on June 15, 2018
- Informing authors, contributors to check content, information on the website and audiobook files
- Distribution of detailed roles to assistant editors who are responsible for uploading the topics to the webpage, sharing the approved topics (by iEM project director/editors) via social media, managing the comments, recommendations and corrections during the
- FINAL STAGE – Level 2
- Starting to upload specific disease entity topics and procedures relevant to Emergency Medicine Clerkship Core Topics. For example: Uploading specific aortic dissection, pneumothorax, acute coronary syndromes, etc. topics because they are related to Chest Pain (core EM clerkship topic).
- Completing the narration of these chapters and creating audiobook files
2018 July – October
- Presenting the status report of the project with 3 months stats in the IFEM education and curriculum development committee meeting. ACEP18, Sandiego.
- by 15th October
- Completion of website content with available written chapters and their audio files.
- Informing authors, contributors to check content, information on the website and audiobook files.
- by 30th October
- Completion of MCQ bank and providing links on the website (FINAL STAGE – Level 3)
- Receiving feedbacks, final corrections by authors.
- FINAL STAGE – Level 4
- Uploading the chapters to iBook (IOS), and making it ready for publication.
- Completion of the eBook (Android), and making it ready for publication
- FINAL STAGE – Level 5
- Publishing the eBooks with all features.